Golf Carts are now very common all around the world. They are used as multi-purpose vehicles. They were meant to commute players inside the golf course. But nowadays they are used in shopping malls, resorts, retirement communities etc. E-Z-Go electric golf cart is one among the best manufacturers of carts. But there may be issues affecting the operation of these carts. Some of the troubleshooting techniques are given below.
1. A sticky accelerator is a problem when the accelerator of the cart is in the pressed condition always. This can be checked by listening to a clicking sound. Once the engine is on and the accelerator is pressed, a clicking sound is produced. This sound is heard only when the accelerator is pressed. So if you hear the sound, when you are not pushing the accelerator, then it might be due to sticky accelerator. In such cases contact a good mechanic.
2. Do you experience low pulling torque or power while driving inclined roads? Then it might be due to loose battery connections or low power battery. Securing them tightly can solve the problem. If the battery is drained out, then its best to replace them.
3. Always make sure you maintain the tire pressure constant at the required level. A low tire pressure can reduce the mileage and increase the load on the engine. The recommended tire pressure of an E-Z-Go Golf Cart is between 18 and 22 PSI.
4. Maintenance of the battery is very essential. If properly maintained, a battery can last upto 5 or 6 years. Clean the battery terminals and casing once in a while. Also maintain an adequate level of water inside the battery cells. Use distilled water to refill, in case the water level is too low.
5. Examine all the connections to and from the battery and other electrical fittings. Any loose or faulty connection can lead to malfunctioning of the E-Z-Go Golf Cart. Make sure to tighten any loose contacts using a wrench.
Tips & Warnings
Always wear protective gloves and safety goggles before conducting any type of troubleshooting. Make sure not to over-inflate the tires. Never leave the lights and other battery powered accessories in the ON state. It can deplete the battery charge.
Spitzer Products offers the best selection of Golf Carts. Read more on Electric Golf Carts as well as Push Golf Carts online from our website.
Related Car News Reviews Articles