Basically the function of a Golf Cart is to commute the Golf Players inside the Golf course. But now it has totally changed. They are now used in shopping malls, farms, resorts, industries etc. Club Car is one of the top selling brands. They are known for its efficiency and reliability. They are very easy to be driven around and so are well preferred from age groups varying from teenagers to adults. But it is necessary for these people to mix minor troubles can are prone to occur. One of them is to troubleshoot a battery. It is quite easy and the steps are given below.
1. First of all charge the batteries fully. Most of the people forget this step and problems could occur due to this negligence. So connect the charging plug of the Golf Cart to a supply terminal and unplug it after charging it fully.
2. The position of the gear and key switch are important when turning ON of the cart is concerned. The key should be properly set to the ON position. In most of the carts the gear should be in neutral position in order to start the cart. The gear position for starting the vehicle will be prescribed in the instructions manual. Do accordingly.
3. In some cases you might need to analyze the battery. In most cart models the battery is placed in a compartment below the seats. Check whether all the connections to the battery are secure and tight. In case you find any loose connection, tight them using the wrench.
4. The water level inside the battery is a must check step. The battery plates should be well immersed in the water for proper charging of the battery. If you find the water level too low, then refill using distilled water.
5. Finally inspect whether all the electric connections to the various fittings are correct. Troubles can occur due to cuts and breaks in electrical wiring. Replace damaged wires with new ones of the same rating.
In case of any major issues contact a qualified mechanic.
Always wear protective gloves and goggles before starting the test.
Spitzer Products offers the best selection of Golf Carts. Read more on Electric Golf Carts as well as Push Golf Carts online from our website.
Related Car News Reviews Articles